Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom properties: per-pagetype attributes

Vote:

Hello, I have developed a custom property PageList which allows user to enter several PageReferences (it uses delimited string to record values underneath, of course). I don't know if I did it 100% by-the-book, but it works. Right now it displays fixed number of PageReference fields, this number may be read from web.config, or some dynamic property, whatever... Now I would want to be able to set this number on the pagetype editing screen: something similar as upon adding XHTML editor property: it displays set of checkboxes for enabling/disabling certain icons in editor toolbar. My custom property would only need one textbox instead. Is there a standard way for doing this, or hopefully an example?
Jul 21, 2006 12:16
Vote:

Unfortunately, no, you cannot have your own content there. It has been a feature request for quite some time. You'll have to think of something else, like you say, web.config or a dynamic property. If you put it in web.config, you could prefix the key name with the name or id of the pagetype and the name of the property. I agree, it is not as flexible or elegant as putting it in with the property definition in admin mode. /Steve
Jul 22, 2006 11:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.