Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Pointing to a folder in the virtual file system

Vote:

We are creating a simple template which will list all documents contained in a folder in the virtual file system. What is the best way to  allow editors to point to a folder in EPiServers virtual file system? We haven’t found any controls that allows pointing to folders…only to files. 

All recommendations will be appreciated 

Jul 23, 2008 10:05
Vote:

There is no folder property shipping with EPiServer so you need to create your own custom property. In this case it is pretty simple since the file browser dialog in EPiServer actually has a folder picking mode built in already!

If you like I can send you the code for a Folder property, just send me an email at henrik dot nystrom at intergen dot co dot nz.

If it is of interest for more people I could write a blog post with the code, describing how to create it. The code is just a little bit to big to post in here.

Jul 23, 2008 12:09
Vote:

Hi there,

Thats what I figured. Kind of strange though that there is no folder property Undecided A blog post sounds like a good idea. Will drop you an email anyway. Cheers!

Jul 23, 2008 15:56
Vote:

You can find such a property on EPiCode:
https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/wiki/FolderBrowserProperty 

Created and contributed by Marcus Lindblom of Meridium.

/Steve

Jul 24, 2008 9:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.