Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Inserting Flash from the wysiwyg editor

Vote:

Hi all,

What is the best way to enable editors to insert flash(object tags) in the wysiwyg editor? Looking for something that will provide the same experience as inserting images... 

Cheers!

Sep 22, 2008 13:18
Vote:

hi,

In the demo templates there is an example of Flash usage, but as episerver properties. You could create your own editor Plug-in with similar functionallity. Look at this example in the sdk to get started,

http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms5/Developers%20Guide/How%20To/Create%20an%20editor%20Plug-in.htm

/Per

Sep 24, 2008 8:04
Vote:

Thanks! We'll give it a go
Sep 30, 2008 13:08
Vote:

Have you succeeded with this? I have tried to do the same by creating a custom Editor. The javascript dialog successfully inserts the object tag, but when I publish or toggle to HTML view mode, the object tag is manipulated and the <object> element will not display properly.

I need to make sure the editor knows I am working with HTML so I can avoid it being parsed and manipulated.

Oct 08, 2008 12:29
Vote:

Hi, have you considered using swfobject or something similar to render the flash instead? Maybe the epi editor would break that code aswell though.

If you are using R2 I would recommend to add it with a custom Dynamic Content.

Oct 08, 2008 13:14
Vote:

Thanks Erik, I got it to work with swfobjects!
Oct 08, 2008 15:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.