Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Debugger continuing at will when stepping in VS2008

Vote:

Has someone else experienced this problem, and have you found a solution? I debug the episerver sites by attaching to the aspnet_wp process (using XP Pro). It then hits breakpoints as expected, but then funny things start to happen. I can step line-by line a few times, but then the debugger just "disconnects" and goes to the next breakpoint (if any). So to be sure I can debug line-by-line I have to set a breakpoint on every single line.

P.S. Yeah, I'm spamming the forum today :)

Oct 08, 2009 11:03
Vote:

Hi Magnus.

Are you running VS2008 SP1? Could it be related to this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957912? This hotfix fixed my problem with debugging.

Br, Tore

Oct 08, 2009 11:20
Vote:

Can't really tell, the about box says "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP" (sic!). I will try the hotfix anyway, thank you!
Oct 08, 2009 11:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.