Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create export file

Vote:

Hi!

A few years ago i exported data from Lotus Notes to EPiserver using a library that could create a EPI4-file. Now i need to do this again, but i cannot remember which library i used... Does anybody remember?

This time i want to create an EPiServer CMS5 export file from non-EPiServer data.

Feb 02, 2010 9:27
Vote:

I do not know of such library myself but I guess it is solvable in other ways too. Like if you make a view in Lotus Notes with the data you need have it render as XML (Was a while since i worked in Lotus Notes but I guess you could make a page that renders the view in XML fashion or an agent that renders the data as XML or something). And then from the XML, import it to EPiServer via a plugin or maybe create a page provider if you don't need the data to be stored in EPiServer.

Ofc. its possible  to do similar stuff if you don't use XML as carrier, you can use comma separated text or whatever. or maybe make some service in Lotus Notes to communicate with via Soap or so (But I have never done such things so have no idea there) but you get the idea.

Feb 02, 2010 14:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.