Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms display message on submit

Vote:

If I create a form and set that anonymous answers is not allowed, the submit button is still enabled if I browse to the page with the form and not being logged on. The only difference is that nothing happens whe I press the submit button.

I would likte to either disable the submitbutton if user is not logged on or display a message when a not logged on user presses the button.

Tried to hook onto the BeforeSubmitPostedData event but can't get it to work.

Jan 28, 2011 8:03
Vote:

It will add a validator to the page and set that validator to not valid. Add a ValidationSummary control to pick up the error message, you have to set the ValidationGroup to the same string for both the ValidationSummary and the Property or XFormControl control you are using to display the Xform, example:

<xforms:xformcontrol ID="FormControl" runat="server" ValidationGroup="XForm" />
<asp:ValidationSummary runat="server" ValidationGroup="XForm" />

Jan 28, 2011 11:37
Vote:

HI Magnus,

Actually i created one xform with input controls.Now i want to extract the values of those controls in XForm.How to achieve this? any idea? pls share it,,,,,,,,,

Jul 11, 2011 11:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.