Sounds like you have two languages with the same identifier or URL prefix.
Hi Johan! Thanks for the reply. Ok, yeah, that was what I was leaning to also. How do I fix it? I cant get into admin mode. Is there another way? A file? The SQL? Thanks.
If that's the case it should be just some minor data editing needed in tblLanguageBranch using SQL Server Management Studio.
I'm not sure we're on the right track though. A bit weird that Admin Mode let's you crash the whole app.
Iam in the database in SQL Management studio. I have clicked on dbo.tblLanguageBranch. I see the following: "Columns", "Keys", "Constraints", "Triggers", "Indexes" and "Statistics".
Can you tell me where I should go from here?
What is this file?
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6f1013d4\15642794\App_global.asax.bz3zj4ao.0.c
Also i Visual Studio, in the project view (Solution explorer tree), there is a node named App_Data, there are two files there with question marks: EPiServerDB.mdf and EPiServerDB_log.LDF. What does those do? They dont exist. In the project view for another site we have they DO exists. What are those files? I havent messed with them. Why are they gone?
Right click tblLanguageBranch and choose Edit Top 200 Rows.
If you have use a connection string that points to a real SQL Server you can most likely delete the App_Data-folder from the project.
It is not named tblLanguageBranch, it is named dbo.tblLanguageBranch. Is it the wrong one? It is under the node "Tables". If I right click on it I only see edit and that brings up some code, oh and also 'design' wich seems to be some wysiwyg edit mode.
Ok about the App_Data folder, nice to know.
Many thanks Johan for your support.
Ah! Open table. I see a table. O' dear. en and en-gb have the same url. Is it here I fix it? How?
- Delete a row? - Put 'false' in the enabled column?
dbo. is the owner of the table so you're in the right place.
Just click the "cell" and edit the text to en2 or something. Then select another row and the row will update itself.
Make sure your site has been restarted (reset web server, build the project or edit web.config) after editing.
Johan: many many many thanks!! It worked. Strange as you said that some thing I did in admin mode could screw it up like this. I will try to get to the bottom with it, with the help of consultants maybe. But for now, the site works again. Have a great day!!
I suddenly got this message on our development server. What could it be? I cant remeber that I have done something strange. I made two ascx files, linked and used them on some page templates. Also I added a language (US english) in admin mode, because for some reason GB english doesnt work as intended.
Please keep in mind that Iam a newbie, so please explain well. Thank you very much. All right, here is the message:
Server Error in '/' Application.
An item with the same key has already been added.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6f1013d4\15642794\App_global.asax.bz3zj4ao.0.cs Line: 0