Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrading CMS 5 R2 to CMS 6

Vote:

Hi!

I would like to upgrade a CMS 5 R2 site to CMS 6, but I'm encountering a bit problem with this.

My EPiServer database is hosted on a separate database server to the server that's hosting the actual website code, and the two servers are NOT on the same domain. This means that running the upgrade application on the website in question will produce an error saying that it can't connect to the database using the current username. The username thrown in the error is the windows login. 

Is there a way that I can connect using the database server's SA account, and if so, how do I form the connection string to do this? I've tried entering the SA details, but it's made no difference, and it appears to still try to connect using my windows login.

The connection string I'm using is similar to:

<add name="EPiServerDB" connectionString="Data Source=databaseserver;Initial Catalog=databasename;Integrated Security=False;User ID=sa;Password=passwordgoeshere;Connect Timeout=10" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

What would I need to change within this connection string to get the deployment center's upgrade wizard to detect that I would like to instead connect using the SA account?

Is it possible to continue with this upgrade using the wizard and without generating my own upgrade SQL scripts?

I am trying to avoid the solution of restoring the database to my local machine and restoring it as I am running a different version of SQL server, so the restore process will fail.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Karl.

Apr 28, 2011 17:33
Vote:

This has been a well documented issue. Maybe the following posts will help:

http://baisaksen.net/episerver/upgrade-episerver-database-manually-5-6

http://baisaksen.net/episerver/login-failed-for-user

Apr 28, 2011 18:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.