Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Why is the bookmark removed from my URL when it's rewritten?

Vote:

I appears that EPiServer's URL rewriting is not including bookmarks when rewriting.  I have the following URL in my XHTML property (I can see it in the source view of TinyMCE:

/Templates/PageTemplates/TextPage.aspx?id=288#J

When the page is requested, the URL is rewritten to the friendly URL, but the bookmark is not there.

Now, I don't know how my client got the bookmark on the end of that URL, since there doesn't seem to be a way to do this from the editor.  Is there?  If not, how would an editor do this other than manually editing the HTML?

And, assuming you can get the bookmark in there, why doesn't EPiServer preserve this when it rewrites the URL?

v6 R1

Apr 30, 2011 22:40
Vote:

It is actually not the FURL parsing that causes this issue but the parsing in PropertyXhtmlString (for permanent links, dynamic content etc.) This bug has been fixed in CMS6R2. 

The bug number is #61726 "Link to external url cuts of the anchor tag if the link is an internal page"

bug link

May 02, 2011 13:35
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.