Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Login page doesn't redirect to default page in admin or edit mode

Vote:

Hello everybody!

I'm working on a CMS 6 R2 project and after setting up the envirnonment i'm encountering this problem.
The site runs and when I try to enter the CMS i get to the login page and can actually login succesfully. However the redirection instead of pointing me to [siteUrl]/[relativePathToUI]/Admin[or Edit]/default.aspx just sends me to  [siteUrl]/[relativePathToUI]/Admin[or Edit] and then I get an "Incorrect link " error on the browser. However if I manually add the "default.aspx" to the URL then i can access both admin and edit mode without problems.
What am I missing here?

TIA

Aug 26, 2011 11:29
Vote:

Check that your IIS site has default.aspx in its default documents setting.

Aug 26, 2011 12:48
Vote:

Checked, it's on the list and it actually works for the site itself, but not for CMS admin and edit mode...

Aug 26, 2011 13:37
Vote:

Could it be that the Global class doesn´t inherit from EPiServer.Global (look here for inspiration)?

Aug 26, 2011 15:44
Vote:

That was exactly the problem! Changed the global.asax and now it works perfect. Tusen tack!

Aug 29, 2011 8:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.