Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add user to virtual role?

Vote:

Got an issue with my work computer that we can't figure out.

It doesn't seem that my local IIS recognize what groups/roles I exist in. I'm a member of the Administrators group but when accessing my local episerver installation i'm not recognized in the group, we have made some workarounds so I can get into edit and admin mode.

I.e. we are using windowsroleprovider.

But we have also installed the new GoogleAnalytics package and this is using virtual roles and since my account isn't recognized in any roles i don't get access to this.

So my question is if there is any way to give a single user access to a virtual role?

Aug 15, 2012 8:54
Vote:

I have seen this behaviour before on my own installation. When I’m logged into my computer with my active directory account but not connected to the AD domain I cannot access my EpiServer sites.

To resolve this, I have a local windows users who is also a member of the administrators group. When I’m not connected to AD, I log into my the  sites with the local windows user.

Aug 15, 2012 9:53
Vote:

That can work but I need my AD account when logged on to the site it's an intranet that is collecting information from several subsystem based on the AD account.

Aug 16, 2012 9:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.