Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Virtual Path Provider problem running Amazon S3

Vote:

Hello,

I'm running a EpiServer project where i want to take use of Amazon S3, to host images, etc...

I've downloaded NuGet for Visual Studio and added the AWSSDK and Geta.AmazonS3 libraries to be able to add Amazon S3 as virtual path provider.

I added this line to EpiServer.config:

<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="AWS Global Files" virtualPath="~/AWS-S3/" bucketName="s3bucket" verticalDir="CS" bypassAccessCheck="true" hostName="xxxxxxxxx.cloudfront.net" maxVersions="5" name="AWSSiteGlobalFiles" type="Geta.AmazonS3.Hosting.AmazonS3VirtualPathProvider,Geta.AmazonS3" awsAccessKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxx" awsSecretKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" physicalPath="" />

And it works fine for global files.

But when i try to add the same for pagefiles i get the message:

"The VirtualPathProvider configured to handle page files must return directories that implement IPageDirectory".

<siteSettings 
    enableScheduler="true" 
    pageFolderVirtualPathProvider="AWSSitePageFiles" />

<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="AWS Page Files" virtualPath="~/AWS-S3/" bucketName="bucketpage" name="AWSSitePageFiles" verticalDir="CS" bypassAccessCheck="true" hostName="xxxxxxx.cloudfront.net" maxVersions="5" type="Geta.AmazonS3.Hosting.AmazonS3VirtualPathProvider,Geta.AmazonS3" awsAccessKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" awsSecretKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxx" physicalPath="" />

Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong, or what needs to be done?

By looking at the library it looks like it implements IPageDirectory (Or at least Unified File System).
Geta.AmazonS3 Library

Jan 03, 2013 12:43
Vote:

For others with some kind of same issue regarding shared VPP in Load balanced environment.

I downloaded TNTDrive (in use with Amazon S3) and used that as a virtual disk. This way i could set the virtual path to a local path

Jan 23, 2013 16:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.