Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to deploy License.config file from Azure DevOps to on prem servers

Vote:

Hi!
I'm setting up a CI/CD-pipeline in Azure DevOps for our Episerver-site built with ASP.Net MVC and Episerver 11.
We deploy from Azure DevOps to servers on prem and everything works the way I want with web.config transformations etc except I don't know how to handle the License.config file. 

Today we have the License files in version control with name according to the different environments like
License-staging.config and License-accept.config. I wan't the right license file to be deployed to the right environment.
We have the checkbox "Remove Additional Files at Destination" checked in the IIS Web App Deploy step checked because we don't want old unused files to be kept on the server.
Because of this the License.config file get deleted during deployment and I need for example the License-staging.config file be renamed during deployment and deployed as License.config.

Any suggestions on how to handle License.config during deployment?

Best regards 
Kristian

Mar 30, 2022 8:38
Vote:

Hi!

I manage to solve it by setting licensFilePath in episerver.framwork section of web.config and then the config transformations will take care of setting the right filepath for the right environment.

<licensing licenseFilePath="License-staging.config"/>

Best regards

Kristian

Edited, Mar 30, 2022 12:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.