After upgrading to CMS 11.11.2 we run into an exception on startup:
Did not find a module by assembly 'EPiServer.Forms.Core, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'
Looking at the stack trace, it seems it's trying to find a module based on the EPiServer.Forms.Core assembly in:
EPiServer.Shell.Paths.ToClientResource(Assembly moduleAssembly, String moduleRelativeClientResourcePath)
This seems odd to me, I figured the only modules that should be loaded are EPiServer.Forms and EPiServer.Forms.UI?
Here is the <episerver.shell> element in web.config:
<add name="Shell" />
<add name="CMS" />
<add name="EPiServer.Forms.UI" />
<add name="EPiServer.Forms" />
I've also tried adding autoDiscovery="Modules" to the <protectedModules> element, but that doesn't make any difference.
bin folder contains:
In desperation I've tried switching on/off the forced bin folder scan: <scanAssembly forceBinFolderScan="true" />, to no avail.
Looking at the logs, other modules seem to be loading fine.
I know there are other seemingly similar problems out there, but as far as I can tell they don't apply here.
I'll just answer this myself, as deleting the question would be a coward move... :D
module.config for the EPiServer.Forms.UI module isn't included in the ZIP, but rather exists next to it on disk. For some reason, it wasn't included in deployment, meaning the mapping between the EPiServer.Forms.Core assembly and the module wasn't in place. Deploying module.config fixed the problem... Doh.