Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visual Studio 2005 and errormessage "Unable to load EPiServerSample.Global"

Vote:

When installing EPiServer with ASP.Net 2.0 templates there are some steps that have to be done. I am afraid that sometimes it's easy to skip one of these steps and then end up with a strange behaviour in your project. The error message "Unable to load EPiServerSample.Global" when trying to compile the project after starting VS 2005 occurs because the EPiServerSample.csproj.webinfo exists in the project directory. When this file exists in the project folder, the Web Application Project model is not used. A way to check if the Web Application Project model is used is to right click on the project in the solution explorer and see that you have the Clean-item on the menu (below the build items). Delete this .webinfo file and restart VS 2005 you can see that the project looks like it should, you have the Clean item in the menu and you can recompile the project. /Øyvind EPiServer Norge PS. If you forget to add the changes to the element in the web.config file this is the message you get: Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'EPiServer:Property'. Source Error: Line 55:
Line 56: Line 57: Line 58:
Line 59: Source File: /templates/MasterPages/MasterPage.master Line: 57
Jul 31, 2006 13:48
Vote:

Hi, I hit the same error as well when I mistakenly opened the project using: File -> Open -> Web Site -> http://localhost/EPI (my EPi server installation) instead of: File -> Open -> Project -> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EPI\EPiServerSample.csproj
Sep 26, 2006 12:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.