Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

web.config problem.

Vote:

I have a problem saving the system configurations for a site we've made. My college suggested it would be due to the fact that the web.config did not have the Enterprise tag. So we added the enterprise tag and look and behold, a miracle. I could save the new system settings just like i'd hoped. However... when i tried to continue doing anything at all on the site i was promped back to the login page. Problem now is that the username and password i was previously using dont work now. Anyone has a solution for this?
Apr 25, 2007 17:10
Vote:

Do you get a license error when starting the site? That prevents the site from registering the authentication handler that is responsible for logging you in. Make sure you're running with the Enterprise MASTER license on at least one of your front end servers (if you have more than one.) Running with a Slave license only will throw an exception during start-up, preventing you from logging in forever after. /Steve
Apr 25, 2007 17:30
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.