Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Form not being sent

Vote:

I have come across a strange behaviour with a form that I hope someone could guide me in the right direction with.

At a customer site I have created a page with simple form (XForm created from Edit-mode without any code-behind logic). The form has a "Landing-page" defined that should show after the formhas been sent.

This should not be a problem, and has not been on other customers' sites, but in this case, we experience strange behaviour.

When testing the form while logged in into Edit-mode (through the preview) all works - by filling out the form and clicking the Send button the e-mail is being sent, the form is logged into the database and the landing-page is shown.

When browsing in normal view-mode, however, it doesn't work. Filling out the form and clicking Send just returns the visitor to the form once again, with the contents erased.

What could be causing this? It sounds like some kind of access-problem, but I have been unable to find any problems there.

The customer uses EPiServer 4.

Jun 05, 2008 9:35
Vote:

Have you defined so people not logged in can submit the form?
Jun 05, 2008 9:47
Vote:

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, this setting is selected (the "Formuläret kan skickas utan inloggning" option is set on the form).

Jun 10, 2008 9:17
Vote:

Are you using friendly urls (/page1/page2)?
If so, have you included this tag in you templates?
<episerver:FriendlyUrlRegistration runat="server" id="FriendlyUrlRegistration1" />

That tags adds support for postbacks when using FURLs in CMS 4.x.

Without that tag your postbacks won't do much but to clear any forms, and since edit mode does not use FURLs, that would explain why you can use the form in edit mode.

Edited, Jun 11, 2008 9:31
Vote:

Yes, I'm using friendly URLs.

I tried adding the tag above in the template but that didn't make any difference, I'm afraid.

Jun 12, 2008 15:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.