Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change password in EPiStore

Vote:

The InputPassword webcontrol used in PersonalSettings of EPiStore 2.5 does not seem to work - it does not save the password. Or maybe it's not even supposed to, but the input is not used in the code behind of the templates. Or am I missing something?
Mar 23, 2009 14:14
Vote:

Hello Magnus,

We discussed this earlier, and after our conversation I decided to dig a bit deeper. It seems that the InputPassword web control is actually part of the EPiServer standard web controls and not part of EPiStore. Information and examples surrounding this control are very scarce - not entirely unusal for EPiServer.

What I have discovered that may be the active ingredient is a method called "Password_PreRender" with the somewhat cryptic description "Used to set the text for the password controls are these are removed for TextBoxes in password mode" (sic) Not quite sure exactly how to implement a working version of this, though. I'll keep digging and report any progress.

If someone knows more about this mysterious web control, feel free to intervene :)

/Marten

Mar 23, 2009 16:12
Vote:

Has their been any more update on this as the new password i set does not work for me either.

Jun 16, 2011 16:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.