Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PropertyLinkCollection not working as Dynamic Content

Vote:

When using a PropertyLinkCollection as Dynamic Content the editor throws the following exception:

'=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 1, position 78.

This might be related to Bug "19803". I tried to set the language for the links to "Swedish" instead of "automatically" but it didn't help.

May 08, 2009 10:54
Vote:

I might be completely off here but the error message is the one you get from the .NET xml classes when trying to parse XML which contains illegal characters (like &, ") outside CDATA elements. I had this problem in a completely unrelated issue a few days back, and I think the cause was "xml inside xml" which will probably be the case when putting a linkcollection (serialised as xml?) inside dynamic content (serialised as xml?). Perhaps it can be prevented by taking extra care how the properties inside the dynamic content is serialized (for example, base64-encode everything)?
May 08, 2009 11:16
Vote:

The data is serialized with base64-encoding.

But true, the error seems to occur while parsing the data. Will have a closer look at that.

May 08, 2009 13:49
Vote:

It works fine with links to documents and external links like www.google.com.

Internal links and external links like www.google.com?test=1&test2=2 do not work, so it seems to be the & character. What I don't get is why this error occurs when the data is base64-encoded.

May 08, 2009 14:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.