Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migration problems

Vote:

I have read all the article in this subject and followd all the steps.

When I run the migration tool it stops at 11.33% with the following error message:

[2009-09-23 08:21:31][Error] An error occurred migrating data in Object Store. The exception was:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at EPiServer.Migration.ObjectStoreHandler.GetField[TField](String fieldName, Object target)
   at EPiServer.Migration.ObjectStoreHandler.SetServiceDescription(MigrationContext ctx, ItemFields serviceFields)
   at EPiServer.Migration.ObjectStoreHandler.Update(MigrationContext ctx)
[2009-09-23 08:21:31][Error] Migration terminated with error:
[2009-09-23 08:21:31][Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at EPiServer.Migration.ObjectStoreHandler.GetField[TField](String fieldName, Object target)
   at EPiServer.Migration.ObjectStoreHandler.SetServiceDescription(MigrationContext ctx, ItemFields serviceFields)
   at EPiServer.Migration.ObjectStoreHandler.Update(MigrationContext ctx)
   at EPiServer.Migration.MigrationWorkflow.UpdateObjectStore(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.RaiseEvent(DependencyProperty dependencyEvent, Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at EPiServer.Migration.MigrationStepActivity.ExecuteHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.RaiseEvent(DependencyProperty dependencyEvent, Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Workflow.Activities.CodeActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
   at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

It is not possible to know what´s wrong, what is it exactly the tool does att this stage?

Regards

Daniel 

Sep 24, 2009 14:12
Vote:

SQL tracing output

SELECT pkID as Id FROM tblItem JOIN tblIndexInt _pendingIndexing1 ON _pendingIndexing1.fkItemId=pkID WHERE fkSchemaId=5 AND _pendingIndexing1.fkSchemaItemId=31 AND _pendingIndexing1.FieldValue=1;

Sep 24, 2009 15:52
Vote:

The format of the ObjectStore has changed from version 4 to version 5. Because of this the Migration Tool will try to load all objects from the object store, and then re-save them with the new format.

Did you follow the step about "Updating Blog Templates" mentioned in the Migration Tool Technical Note (it's the last step in list Preparing for Migration)?

Sep 25, 2009 10:28
Vote:

Well I dont get that error mentioned in the tech notes.

But I will check it out, we dont use the blog part.

Sep 25, 2009 10:37
Vote:

Problem SOLVED!

It seems that I had a invalid item in the Schema with the id 15 "DefaultProducer", that was what I could figure out with the tracing.

I solved the problem by simply deleting the row in tblSchema and it´s items in tblSchemaItem.

I have no idea what "DefaultProducer" is byt I hope i chan live without it.
The migration then ran a bit moore smoothly.

EPiServer please improve your error handling in the migration tool!I just got the null exception pasted above.

Sep 28, 2009 15:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.