Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

cms Edit - missing left box

Vote:

Hi,

I am new to Episerver and is trying to follow the "Get started with CMS / Creating your project" manual from Episerver, but I facing a problem when trying to ad a startpage in CMS / Edit.

The manual says:

"Restart the site again, and go to Edit view. Create a page using the page type StartPage under the root, and publish the page. You will notice that since there is no template yet, you will get a standard 404 page."

So I start my page from within Visual Studio, add Episerver to the url, select CMS and select Edit.

But I cant see the box which should be at the left side of the page, where it should be possible to add the StartPage.

If I instead of Edit selects Admin, the box for selecting Access Rights, etc. appears correctly.

I can also see in Visual Studio that in the Solution Explore a lot of "script block" is added under Windows Internet Explore / gplus_notifications_gadget.html, looking as a loop is running, adding a new one as long as the site is open in Internet Explore.

I am running IE9, Episerver 7.5 and Visual Studio 2010.

Any suggestions of what could be wrong ?

Regards

Kim

Apr 10, 2014 11:33
Vote:

Hi Kim!

What are you seing when you are in the editorial view? Are you seing anything or is it just a broken page? It might be that you need to toggle the left pane to see the page navigation tree. This can be done by clicking on the structural icon in the top left corner.

Apr 10, 2014 11:46
Vote:

For me it looks fine, something like this (was not able to paste a screenshot):

Dashboard   CMS

Edit   Admin  Reports

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have selected CMS and Edit

I cant see the structural icon you mentioned

Apr 10, 2014 12:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.