Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

IContentLoader.TryGet throws an EPiServerException if the reference's content type is no longer defined in code.

Vote:

Hi,

When running IContentLoader.TryGet(ContentReference contentReference, ILanguageSelector languageSelector, out T Content), if the content reference's content type was defined by code that no longer exits, then an EPiServerException is thrown with the following message:

"Could not create instance of content type "PartsCartContent" since it has an invalid .NET class associated: XXXXX.PartsCartContent, XXXXX.Shop, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

This happens for custom content type named "PartsCartContent" that inherited from EPiServer.Core.ContentBase (i.e. it's neither a page nor a block) before being deleted.

Instead of throwing an Exception I'd suggest that IContentLoader.TryGet(...) returns false if the above error occurs.

I'm using EPiServer CMS 9.12.2.

Mar 22, 2017 17:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.