Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"Access to the path ' \obj\Debug\net6.0\apphost.exe' is denied." message when running AlloyWeb (CMS 12)

Vote:

I am not able to run("dotnet run") Alloy demo project on my local computer after fresh install through templates.
I am getting an error:
C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\6.0.300\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(5097,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file
 "C:\EPiServer\AlloyWeb\AlloyWeb\obj\Debug\net6.0\apphost.exe" to "bin\Debug\net6.0\AlloyWeb.exe". Access to the path '
C:\EPiServer\AlloyWeb\AlloyWeb\obj\Debug\net6.0\apphost.exe' is denied. [C:\EPiServer\AlloyWeb\AlloyWeb\AlloyWeb.csproj]

Also when running it through Visual Studio 2022, I am getting "Access Denied"-message

It works fine on my home PC, but I am not able to override our domain policies for my work computer.

Worth mentioning is that when installing a fresh Microsoft Web Application (.NET 6) it works fine.

What am I missing?

Jun 08, 2022 15:29
Vote:

Sounds like the file is locked. Usually get that when web server is still running. Have you tried killing the dotnet process before re-running?

Jun 13, 2022 23:27
Vote:

File is not locked, it is blocked by Microsoft Virus and Threat Protection.

Jun 14, 2022 7:32
Vote:

There is a massive performance boost by not having AV monitoring on database files and local repositories folders if OK with policy.

Can you add C:\EPiServer\ to the exclusion list or use some folder that already might be in that list?

Jun 23, 2022 14:10
Miro - Jun 24, 2022 7:56
@Johan I completely agree, the issue is that we are not in control of circumstances on our machines. What happend now is that we've got some developer profiles for our machines from the administrator. Then it works fine, but I am just concerned that even though I create a new Web Application in the same folder, it is able to run, but EPiServer Alloy Demo doesn't run.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.