Thanks for letting us know. I will file a bug report to Content Platform team, and will get back to you
@Quan Mai, exactly the same thing happened when I updated to version 12.13.1
DataException: Failed to update database during execution of statement 'ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[netSoftLinksGetBroken] @SkipCount int, @MaxResults int, @RootPageId int AS BEGIN SELECT [pkID] ,[fkOwnerContentID] ,[fkReferencedContentGUID] ,[OwnerLanguageID] ,[ReferencedLanguageID] ,[LinkURL] ,[LinkType] ,[LinkProtocol] ,[ContentLink] ,[LastCheckedDate] ,[FirstDateBroken] ,[HttpStatusCode] ,[LinkStatus] ,[fkOwnerPropertyDefinitionID] FROM ( SELECT [pkID] ,[fkOwnerContentID] ,[fkReferencedContentGUID] ,[OwnerLanguageID] ,[ReferencedLanguageID] ,[LinkURL] ,[LinkType] ,[LinkProtocol] ,[ContentLink] ,[LastCheckedDate] ,[FirstDateBroken] ,[HttpStatusCode] ,[LinkStatus] ,[fkOwnerPropertyDefinitionID] ,ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY pkID ASC) as RowNumber FROM [tblContentSoftlink] INNER JOIN tblTree ON tblContentSoftlink.fkOwnerContentID = tblTree.fkChildID WHERE (tblTree.fkParentID = @RootPageId OR (tblContentSoftlink.fkOwnerContentID = @RootPageId AND tblTree.NestingLevel = 1)) AND LinkStatus <> 0 ) BrokenLinks WHERE BrokenLinks.RowNumber > @SkipCount AND BrokenLinks.RowNumber <= @SkipCount+@MaxResults END '
Can you please post the full log regarding the issue?
Meanwhile you might be able to get pass the issue by running this on your database, if the problem is missing stored procedure:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[netSoftLinksGetBroken] @SkipCount int, @MaxResults int, @RootPageId int AS BEGIN END
Thanks for reporting this, I will forward it to the CMS Core (Content Platform) team
We have tried to reproduce the problem here but unfortunately without success, would you like to check if the sp exists in your db before updating to 12.13.1. If the sp does not exists then the question is why the sp has been deleted as we know the sp should be created by basline script. but if it is already in the db would you like to check which schema it has. otherwise if you have or know kind of procedure to reproduce it we wil be happy to know.
I've looked, but unfortunately I don't have such backup and I didn't expirence that problem when upgrading from 12.12.1 to 12.13.1.
IIRC for me the procedure existed before the upgrade to 12.12.1, but was deleted during the upgrade and then the upgrade failed, because the SP did not exist at that point.
Perhaps Miroslav may be able to help you with detecting this issue when upgrading to 12.13.1.
Hi Quan Mai, thanks for the advice, that is what I did to avoid the problem (create dummy stored procedure).
I am the only one in my team that has tried upgrading (that was actually planned for later, so they won't do it right now), maybe something is wrong only with my DB, but I have actually made a backup before upgrade, I'm gonna ask my team lead if it is ok to send it to you if it helps to debug.
Regarding the logs, I didn't have any of them stored, and this exception and stack trace was the only useful thing I had. If somebody form the rest of the team gets the same issue we will log it better and send it.
I still got this problem in upgrade to version 12.14. This is due to my db SPs looks like this:
but I executed the following to change schema name to dbo.
ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER [EPiServerDB_cfc07238User].[netSoftLinksGetBrokenCount];
ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER [EPiServerDB_cfc07238User].[netSoftLinksGetBroken];
I also had another SP with wrong schema name:
ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER [EPiServerDB_cfc07238User].[netPageDynamicBlockDelete];
Had to run "Query Editor" in Azure to solve it on server.
Hope it helps for other having same problem.
Same -- looks like the bug is still in the backlog: https://world.optimizely.com/support/Bug-list/bug/CMS-26818
The EPiServer.Framework 12.13.0 update tries to alter the procedure [netSoftLinksGetBroken], which does not exist in the database for EPiServer.Framework 12.12.1.
Manually creating the stored procedure allows to proceed with the update.
Full stack trace: