Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Find


Hi All,

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue that I am experiencing with an EPiServer 7.5 application that I help to support. The issue that I’m having is with EPiServer Find – the scheduled job is falling over and an exception is being thrown. When I navigate to the admin section and explore the EPiServer find schedule job history I am randomly seeing the following error

29/10/2015 03:50:09 FAILED Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Find, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

We have our load balanced architecture setup as follows:
- Web01 server
- Web02 Server
- DB server
- App Server

When I manually run the job (outside of its schedule) from the app server, it does seem to work. The problem is completely intermittent and occurring on random occasions which may suggest its occurring when one of the other boxes (i.e. not the app box) is running the job.

I’ve checked the bin/ directory of the website on every box and can see that the EPiServer find DLL is in place and that it is the version so I’m not sure why it’s complaining of a missing file.

I have tried viewing the event viewer logs but I can’t find any useful information that may help highlight the issue e.g. are there any related logs I can obtain which may help identify the root cause of this issue?

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced issues.

Also, is it possible to stop EPiServer find from indexing Commerce items? If so, how can I stop the find module from indexing these?


Oct 30, 2015 15:44

Are you running the scheduler on all boxes? You can use applicationSettings to turn it of on the front servers like this:


Also, I would check the web.config files to make sure that there are not any assembly redirects for the EPiServer.Find.dll.

To control what Find will index I suggest you create an initializable module where you specify what you want to be indexed, see documentation here:

Nov 02, 2015 8:35

Hey Mari,

Thanks for the reply. Im still investigating this issue so ill use the information you have provided and give that a shot.

I will post an update regarding your suggested fix.

Many thanks


Nov 02, 2015 9:32

Hi Mari

I still havent had any luck with this one. I have verified that there are no assembly redirects in place for the Episerver.Find.dll.

I have also verifed that all dll's within each environment are the correct version with what is being referenced in the web.config.

Really hope someone out there has experienced something similar because im struggling to find anything related on the internet.



Nov 05, 2015 20:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.