I created new developer index and everything looked OK. When I ran the index job it was also successful and I started developing my search page (unified search). However, the only results I'm getting is content inheriting from MediaData. When I look in the Find Overview I see there are 0 page types indexed. They are instead indexed as normal .NET objects?
We've had issues with dev indexes for months now and it's been crippling our Find related development. Some sites are heavily relying on Find so it's starting to become a huge issue. What can we do until it's fixed?
Have you seen this thread https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/EPiServer-Search/Thread-Container/2017/7/issues-with-new-developer-indexes/? Probably related to the unstable DEMO indexes.
Yes, I saw it. Thread created july 2017, almost a year ago. Been like this on and off for quite a long time now. But I guess it’s OK with issues since the service is called DEMO now. Oh well, guess we have to pay 690 SEK per developer/month/project for a working index.
«Our Find team has been working with this issue since last week and have today set up new cluster.However, if you create a new demo index, you could still end up on one of the old clusters which could lead to the same issues. If you have this problem please try create a new one again, and hopefully it will end up on the new cluster.
If the index has been created in the old cluster it will take some time before it works.»
For info: Find 13.0.1 seems to be incompatible with Demo indexes. I downgraded to 12.7.1 and now my page types are indexed correctly.
Hi, doesn't help you but I have a demo index with Find 13.0.1 (just today upgraded to 13.0.1, after upgrade I just deleted the exisitng index and run the Find scheduled job to get content indexed). Content was found OK after re-index. So maybe randomness works/doesn't work as Tomas posted. As a side note, when I created the demo index it took at least 30 minutes to be ready.
Just wanted to chip in that we're also having problems. Takes forever to create a demo index, loads of errors indexing (running Find 13) with 401 Unauthorized. for no apparent reason.
I have no problem to get a dev index for 690 SEK / month if that means it's production grade. Is that the case though? Is the dev index running on same clusters as production indexes?
I suspect Find 13 works when the demo index ends up on the "working" cluster. If you're unlucky it ends up on the cluster that doesn't support latest version of Find.
I was able to index content, but ContentData wasn't indexed correctly... so I will try to create another index and see if it that works.
I gave up after fourth or fifth index and rolled back to previous version. :)
Mine is however stuck at 'NotCreated' for 10 minutes now... not looking good.
10 minutes is nothing. Took 60 minutes for every single operation for me (new index, delete index, clear index). :)
60 minutes is nothing :) The other day I spent 2 hrs to get an index, then started indexing only to discover it was failing with 401 Unauthorized, then another hour to get a new index. Then time for lunch, then 401 Unauthorized. Then.... felt like groundhog day.
It would be great to get an understanding of why that failing/old cluster still exists. Anyone knows?
We also have problem with this
Demo index I created today (5/2/18) throws :
when trying to configure nested conventions:
On the plus side, the demo index was created in less than 5 minutes.
EpiSEerver FIND 12.2.4:(
We experience the exact same problem. Created new index and seems to be created right away, but still have the 401 issue.
"An exception occurred while indexing content 1073755496__CatalogContent: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. Unauthorized (see log for more information)"
Any solution to this? Do I just have to wait or will creating a new index solve this?
Find .NET API Version: 188.8.131.52
I am also getting a 401 error when trying to use a demo index i created. This is happening in v.13.0.1 and v.12.7.1
hoping we can get a solution soon
It seems the problem exists already for longer time, what is the official solution for that?Today we created already 10 indexes, each of them looks like indexing content, but no results retrieved when searching.In Find overview there are visible Document Types indexed, but when you check below CMS Content there is "No page types found."My customer already has a contract for DXC cloud where Find is included in price, but for local development we still used developer indexes, so what should be the flow for that?Also wasted already some time for investigating issue and still unable to develop, I can imagine that soon customer will start asking who should pay for that waste of time.
Grzegorz, if you have DXC Service you are allowed to have one developer index, so even though the demo should work, order that develoer index directly by contacting support @ episerver.
Thanks Henrik, will request that, at least it can solve problems for one developer, not solving all (since each developer has own database)
Hah! and actually now created one more dev index and it is working (lucky)
I received today reply from Support about that issue:
I have got the answer from Developer Team.
"the mappings was incorrect setup for a demo-cluster, which made that content being indexed incorrectly. That has been fixed now."
And also confirmation that old corrupted indexes should be removed and created new ones.