Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Beginner Questions on EPiServer Forms Samples 3.0.x - CMS Add-On

Vote:

Good Afternoon all -

As a non-developer I have some basic questions on this particular add-on. Hopefully you have semi-non-developer answers :)

• When I install this, what should i expect to happen aside from a few additional block elements (recaptcha, date picker) and an onscreen submission interaction at my disposal? In other words, what deliverables should i be hoping to gain from this package? Is there a folder of sample pre-built forms with specific configs that i should be looking for to learn from?  I could not find good documentation on this anywhere. 
  • Is Episerver Forms the recommended Forms package over xForms (and was there another one?)  I saw someone mentioning Forms 4.x, however, we have a less than 6-month old CMS install and only see 3.1 and 3.0 packages. Are we missing something?
  • I've learned from other forums that Episerver Conditional selectors are not supported and to use JS for that. Does anyone have concrete examples of this working?
  • and Can anyone post examples of Episerver Forms they created being used "in the wild" on a public website?

Thanks in advance, all.

Feb 16, 2017 22:44
Vote:

You will find most of the answers here http://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/
EPiserver upgrades and fixes are available on weekly basis so a 6 month old site requires an upgrade. 

Regards
/K

Feb 17, 2017 11:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.