Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMS 7 Client Module Initializer

Vote:

Hi,

I'm implementing an Editor Descriptor witha Rest service and having an issue with client module initialize. I have a file ModuleInitializer in the CilentResources folder to register my store. However when I run, it shows me a very nice message "The store by name"xyz" does not exist. Does anyone has this issue, please help!

Thanks in advance!

Jan 15, 2013 8:05
Vote:

Done, Fixed it myself!

Jan 15, 2013 10:59
Vote:

Nicely done Hai :)

Would you mind sharing the solution for us on World?

Jan 15, 2013 12:05
Vote:

The store does not exist because the clientmoduleinitializer was not initialized correctly. Fixing the module.config did the trick!

Jan 16, 2013 12:45
Vote:

Thanks Hai, funny thing is to come back to this thread after a year. I found myself in the same position as you so thank you for pointing out the module.config!

What I had to do was add this to it, to make Dojo look for the my initializer. It then started reporting 404's so that gave away where in my project my javascript should be located.

<clientModule initializer="alloy.CustomModuleInitializer">
</clientModule>

alloy.CustomModuleInitializer is my module initializer to connect my rest store to dojo.

Jan 20, 2014 22:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.