Vulnerability in EPiServer.Forms
Working in Epi Server with new pages and I want to create pages that will not show up in the USA and only be seen in foreign countries. I have not selected Display In Navigation when creating the pages and I created two visitor groups. I restricted the pages to those two groups and I personalized the content to just show to those two groups. But if you look at this link http://www.justritemfg.com/products/spill-control-and-environmental/spill-control-containment-systems/ecopolyblend-spill-control-pallets/ you will see at the bottom the two products that are showing up. So I have a few questions:
1. How do I create pages that do not show up in the USA but will show up in my visitors group?
2. What does Display in Navigation really mean when you do not select it?3. Do I need to create pages that are put in maybe a test section then when ready to publish move it to it's proper positioning on the website?
Thanks for you help.
1. Define a new Visitor Group for people who are from USA:"Time and place" category > Geographic Location > Continent: North America > Country: United States. Save that as e.g. "Visitors from USA".
For each item in your product list, check if the current visitor matches the "Visitors from USA" criteria and show/hide your item accordingly:
var helper = new VisitorGroupHelper();
var match = helper.IsPrincipalInGroup(principal, "Visitors from USA");
2. The "Display in Navigation" property is used by the built-in EPiServer webcontrols EPiServer:PageList and EPiServer:MenuList. If unchecked, the pages will be filtered out and not be listed. If you're listing items using a custom webcontrol, you'll have to add your own logic to filter the items based on visitor group match.
3. You can create pages in their proper location and just edit them without publishing (your changes will be autosaved without being published).
THANK YOU ARLID. SOME OF IT I UNDERSTOOD AND SOME I DID NOT. LIKE THE LIST THAT YOU SHOWING. I MADE THE VISITORS GROUPS, THEN I did a Personalization of Content and added those countries that I only want to see the page. When someone from the US looks at the page it brings them into CSM and wants them to sign on to EpiServer. We do not even want the product to show up on the website unless they are looking at it from a country other than the US. Some of our products are only sold outside the US. How do I accomplish this?