Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade from 7 to 7.1 - any database changes?

Vote:

Hi,

I've updated the local development version of my site from 7 to 7.1 via the built in admin tool, and everything works great.
I'd like to now bring down the live database to have more up to date content.. 

Are there any database changes made during the upgrade process, or can I just bring the database down (the live site has not yet been upgraded)..

Also, can I just deploy the upgrade EpiServer dlls to staging then live to upgrade those sites?

Thanks
Danny

Nov 12, 2013 16:12
Vote:

There are no db updates between 7 and 7.1 so it should be no problem to update your dev environment with a copy of the production db.

When updating the staging environement I would just run the updates in that environement from the addon store instead of doing it manually.

Nov 12, 2013 16:37
Vote:

Thanks, I'll try that now.

regarding upgrading, would you suggest running updates from addon store for the Live environment? or just copy the dlls?s

Nov 12, 2013 16:56
Vote:

I would do it through the addon store in productipn as well. 

Nov 12, 2013 18:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.