Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Localization of GroupName and BlockType

Vote:

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding localization in EPiServer 7.

GroupName

You can put a GroupName on your (in code created) content type class. How can I localize this text? I've tried the solution found in Alloy, but I can't get it to work. Same thing goes for the GroupName set on a property defined in the class (in order for the property to end up on a "custom" tab). What is the correct setup?

BlockType

The second question I have is regarding block types. I have no problem localizing page types, but I can't get it to work with block types. I've tried both of the below options, but without any luck:

<pagetype name="TeaserBlock">

<name>A teaser</name>

<description>Awesome teaser</description>

</pagetype>

<blocktype name="TeaserBlock">

<name>A teaser</name>

<description>Awesome teaser</description>

</blocktype>

Thanks for any input :)

Feb 28, 2013 12:15
Vote:

Thomas Krantz have blogged about localizing blocks.

http://tedgustaf.com/blog/2012/11/localization-of-block-type-names-in-episerver-7/

Feb 28, 2013 14:10
Vote:

Awesome! Got it working with block types... only thing that remains now is GroupName. Anyone? 

Feb 28, 2013 14:34
Vote:

You can localize GroupName for both contenttype and property "GroupName". Unfortunately the contenttype.groupname only localizes the prefix of the page type in admin mode.

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Per-Nergard/Dates/2013/3/EPiServer-localization-xml-files-structure/

Mar 05, 2013 23:28
Vote:

Thank you Per! Highly appreciated :) It works like a charm!

Mar 08, 2013 14:54
Vote:

Regarding that group names does not use the translations when creating pages and blocks, this has been fixed for the EPiServer CMS add-on upgrade soon to be released.

Mar 12, 2013 8:23
Vote:

Thanks Linus. Great to know.

Mar 12, 2013 10:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.