Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Inherit contentarea between pages

Vote:

Hi!

I need to implement dynamic inheritance of contentareas between pages, which means that I don't want to create a writable clone and then save and republish the page. I need to add the content from another page when the page is loaded when a certain property indicates that the content is to be inherited. The problem is that when using the contentarea "Add" method an exception is thrown stating that the collection is readonly.

Is there another way of doing this?

Appreciate a little help!

Mar 06, 2013 8:31
Vote:

If the inheritence is hierarchical ie from a toppage to all subpages maybe you could add the contentarea as a dynamicproperty aswell. If inheritence is chosen on the top page you could programatically set the dynamicproperty. I've done something like that in CMS6 but not tested it with CMS7. And ofcourse contentareas don't exist in CMS6 so it was some standard EPi property type.

/Per

Mar 06, 2013 10:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.