Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unexpected Errors when installing database and site

Vote:

Hi there,

I have many problems when trying to get start with EPiServer 7. I am trying to creare a new project in Visual Studio 2010 but the following error message comes out:

Error - Cannot validate argument on parameter 'SqlServerName'. The argument is null or empty. Supply an argument that is not null or empty and then try the command again.

When I click "Close", then the following message shows in Visual Studio message box:

The installation failed to configure the site correctly, the file 'E:\Visual Studio 2010\EPiServerSite6\EPiServerSite6\episerver.config' is missing. 

So I suppose that there might be something wrong with the installation of site and database. So I go back to the Deployment center.  

When I trying to install the database or site from the Start->Program->EPiServer->EPiServer Deployment Center->Install Site and SQL Server Database, the following message shows: 

Error - This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified.

Anyone has any hints ? Please advise. Thanks a lot. 

Ben

Mar 25, 2013 2:29
Vote:

Ok. Some followup questions on this then.

1. Which windows version are you running?
  2. When using the deployment center when does the error occur? 
  3. Are you running VS as an administrator?

Mar 25, 2013 10:42
Vote:

Hi Marcus Granstrom

Thanks for your reply. 

Regarding to your followup questions, my answers would be : 

1. Windows 8 

2. Error - This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified.

3. Nope, I just run it as normal user. 

Apr 09, 2013 6:44
Vote:

I get this problem solved already. 

I think it is because there is access control in my C:\ drive. I did the same thing in my E:\ so that there is no such problem at all.

Same thing, when I want to create a sample Alloy site under C:\.. , this error message shows up, but no problem at all if I create that under any drive other than C:\ .

Anyway, it works for me now.

Thanks for help though.  

Apr 09, 2013 13:42
Vote:

Good to hear!

Apr 09, 2013 13:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.