Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Display PropertyData Description

Vote:

I have this property data:

[Display(GroupName = "Details", Order = 2, Description = "Some text here")]
public virtual string Header{ get; set; }

You can see this description when hover mouse on property name, but I want to take this and display on UI CMS (on Forms Editing).

Do you have any ideas, how can I do this? 

Thank you.

Apr 25, 2013 10:16
Vote:

Hi,

There's nothing out of the box for that as far as I know. My guess is that it's possible but will require you to hook in a custom javascript/dojo module that replaces or modifies the component that displays editors and names for properties in forms mode.

Apr 28, 2013 19:17
Vote:

If you wanted to display description for a particular property, you could create a new editor widget that shows description beneath(beside) the default one then connect it to your property using UIHint.

If you meant showing description for all properties, you would need to change the default group container in content metadata. That would require a lot of work which unfortunately not documented.

Apr 29, 2013 15:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.