Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Google Maps-property in a Block

Vote:

Hello.

I am currently building a site where you should be able to add a Google Maps-map to a page as a block. I then stumbled upon Google Maps Location at EPiCode. However this solution seems to be built on an older version of EPiServer. When I add the files to my directory I get the following error.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. The following information may be a subset of the Type/LoaderException information present - inspect with debugger for complete view.
Check assemblies [EPiCode.GoogleMapsLocation, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] and/or types [EPiCode.GoogleMapsLocation.PropertyGoogleMapsLocation,
EPiCode.GoogleMapsLocation.PropertyGoogleMapsLocationControl,
EPiCode.GoogleMapsLocation.LocationSelectionPage,
EPiCode.GoogleMapsLocation.InputGoogleMapsLocation,
EPiCode.GoogleMapsLocation.PropertyGoogleMapsLocation+<>c__DisplayClass1]. Information from LoaderExceptions property [Could not load type 'EPiServer.Core.IReadOnly'1' from assembly 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'.].

I then tried this solution with no results. I therefore suspect that the last line in the error says that it is trying to load some old interface which does not exist in EPiServer 7. I may also say that EPiServer 7 is the first version I have worked in so I do not have any experience of older versions. The site which I am currently building is made in MVC if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance.

David Rutqvist

Apr 18, 2013 11:29
Vote:

IReadOnly interface has been moved to EPiServer.Data assembly and we could not use a TypeForwardMapping attribute for the interface. So unfortunately the module needs to be recomiled against CMS7.

Apr 18, 2013 13:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.