Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Reloading Subsection

Vote:

Is there a recommended "EPiServer"-way to load a subsection of a site? For example lets say you have a page on your site with some content and a menu. When you click one of the menu options a part of the site should be populated with new content but most of the site will look the same. When you click another menu option some new content will be displayed in the subsection.

I'm thinking that an Ajax call to a partial controller would be good here and then just change the content ( with JQuery for example and then change the content inside an <div> or whatever tag surrounds the content to be replaced).

Is there some other EPiServer-way to accomplish this or do I need to write my own javascript code? I guess I can just set the links in the menu to point to partial views and then execute some javascript to do what I want. Not really sure where and how to write the javascript code thou.

Apr 10, 2013 15:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.