Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

This installation contains only core files.

Vote:

We have an EPiServer website with a database we share across all developers.
All developers use the same EPiServer versions.

The problem:

When i start debugging from VS i get the message 'This installation contains only core files'.
This is odd since we do have a start page and all other developers get this page when starting debugging.
When i do a full refresh, 90% of the times it suddenly does show the startpage. Sometimes i need to refresh 2 or 3 times before the start page gets shown.

I uninstalled EPiServer, removed all websites from iis, removed all source code. Then i reinstalled everything again.
I also ran 'aspnet_Regiis -i' which did not solve the problem.

My feeling tells me that normally EPiServer needs to be initialized (iterate through codebase and find pagetypes, blocktypes etc. etc.) before doing anything else, and that in my case EPiServer skips this step. 

I also installed the demo site again and this seems te be working fine. So to recap, i have the same sourcecode as all other developers, i have the same EPiServer versions as other developers and i have a working demo site. This leaves me to think the problem is somehow related to IIS.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Apr 18, 2013 15:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.