Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Tinymce 404 after CMS 7.1 upgrade

Vote:

Hi,

I've done a CMS 7.1 upgrade, but now when I click on an XhtmlString content area (surrounded by the green outline) to edit it in page editing mode, the panel opens showing a blank textbox without any of the TinyMCE controls. Examining the network traffic in Chrome developer tools shows that a 404 is happening when it requests:

/util/Editor/tinymce/plugins//editor_plugin.js?moduleArea=Util

This didn't happen before the upgrade. This also occurs in Firefox, but curiously works fine in IE10. I've emptied browser caches, deleted temp ASP.NET files, restarted IIS, etc.

I'm guessing it is trying to load a plugin and is missing a directory name, hence the double // in the 404 URL?

We're not doing any custom configuration of TinyMCE, so all the files should be default.

Thanks, Andy

Apr 30, 2013 3:43
Vote:

Do you have any TinyMCE plugin classes in your project? If so (or even if not), check this post: http://cjsharp.com/blog/2013/04/15/how-to-add-valid-elements-like-iframes-to-tinymce-in-episerver-7/

Apr 30, 2013 4:39
Vote:

Excellent solution, this solves the problem!

We had a single TinyMCE class to allow all tags which did not have a PlugInName:

[TinyMCEPluginNonVisual(AlwaysEnabled = trueEditorInitConfigurationOptions = "{ valid_elements: '*[*]' }")]

I've added PlugInName = "TinyMceExtendedValidElements" and the handler with config as you suggest and the 404 no longer occurs and the editor shows properly in Chrome.

There must have been some change in the JavaScript of 7.1 that caused the missing name to break it as it was working fine before.

Thanks for the quick answer :)

Apr 30, 2013 7:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.