Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Copy full URL of file

Vote:

Hello! The editors on our CMS 7 site want to copy the full path to the documents in the file explorer in EPiServer and paste it in another application. Can this be done somehow (without inserting it on a page and then copy the URL used)? I can't find a button or right-click option to "copy full path" or similar, and if I open the file I can't copy the URL in the browser since the file dialog is modal.

It's not good enough to manually create the adress from the path visible in the file explorer and adding the filename, so I was thinking of making a gadget where the editors can browse the files and see the full path but it seems a bit overkill to me. Any ideas?

Sep 18, 2013 13:04
Vote:

Hello.

You can add a link to the file in the "Show file summary" view by editing a template located in c:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Application\UI\CMS\Hosting\ViewFile.ascx 

You can add something like this inside the first <table> tag:

<tr>
	<td>
		<a href='<%=SelectedFile.VirtualPath %>'><%=SelectedFile.VirtualPath %></a>
	</td>
</tr>

Sep 18, 2013 16:06
Vote:

Thanks, excellent solution!

Sep 19, 2013 9:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.