Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer 7 editor url

Vote:

Hi,

Can I add a parameter to the URL below to make it view the actual edit mode (not the graphical preview)?

/secure/Cms/#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///6232

Sep 17, 2013 13:55
Vote:

Do you mean the old edit mode? /secure/Cms/edit/?id=yourpageid 

Edited, Sep 17, 2013 14:29
Vote:

I mean the edit mode that list all properties like the old way but in EpiServer 7.

If you go to the url above at your site (with a different ID of course), thereafter you have to press the edit button in the top right corner. I want to include that click with a parameter if possbile. Any ideas?

Edited, Sep 17, 2013 14:40
Vote:

I think you should be able to add a dojo file on your own that checks if a query string is present and if so, clicks the button.

See this post with custom css file for edit mode: http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Ben-McKernan/Dates/2013/9/Adding-extra-information-to-the-property-overlay/

Similarily, in AlloyTech, you have StringList (or StringList2 if I remember correctly) which is also loaded to modules.

For dojo implementation, I am not an expert, so perhaps someone else knows how to implement this?

Sep 19, 2013 16:24
Vote:

Although, maybe you can have something like this:

$(document).ready(function () {

if (some condition) {
        parent.$('body').append("<script>$('selector for the button').click();</script>");

}   

});

Although if you just add a javascript file with the click would be better, perhaps you don't need to use dojo and you can go with jquery instead?    

Sep 19, 2013 16:32
Vote:

Sorry for late replay. Guess there is no inbuilt solution for this. Maybe not that important.. would your code work Marija? Have you tried?

Oct 22, 2013 16:17
Vote:

I've tried it some time ago, it did work for me. (Although I didn't have time to write the correct selector, so the code caused everything to click :D)

Oct 23, 2013 10:18
Vote:

There is no built in solution to load the forms editing by tweaking the query string. For the next release (7.5) it will be possible to configure the default view for a content type.

Oct 23, 2013 11:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.