Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

System.Web.HttpException logged for some 404 pages

Vote:

We are having problem with that our errorlogging is filling up with 404-request. If for example someone is calling this page: '/Pages/Search/Default.aspx' that does not exist the server and browser returns a 404 to the user and that is fine. But EPiServer also logs it as a 500 error:
1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Pages/Search/Default.aspx' does not exist.
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

This is not good and something we would like to fix, but I do not know how. We are using EPiServers standard errorhandling, no custom 404 plugin.

Does anyone have any ide how to get rid of these 500-error?

/Henrik

Jan 10, 2014 16:11
Vote:

Reported this to the support now so I will get back here and report what the answer is

Jan 16, 2014 7:26
Vote:

I have now solved this by my self and have blogged about it here:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Henrik-Fransas/Dates/2014/3/How-to-remove-logging-of-404-request-from-EPiServers-logfiles/

Mar 21, 2014 11:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.