Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer 7 (v7.0.586.24) cannot acces Dashboard, IIS error code 0x80070002

Vote:

Hi,

I got project from other developer and try to confiugre it on my local PC. I run it on IIS 8.5 windows 8.1 pro. Issue start happens from the first page of the web site:

1) Login screen does not have English translation (Example: Missing text '/login/username' for 'English'). How that possible?

2) Web site shown, but when I try to navigate to the Dashboard I got IIS error:

Detailed Error Information:

Module: IIS Web Core
  Notification: MapRequestHandler
  HandlerError: StaticFile
  Code: 0x80070002
  Requested URL: http://{webroot}:80/Dashboard/Index?moduleArea=Shell
  Physical Path: {webroot}\Dashboard\Index
  Logon Method: Forms
  Logon User: {localPcUser}

This is looks like HttpHandler does not work for the web site. But which one? How to get trace of applied HttpHandler/HttpModules on web URL?

Anybody saw similar problem before? How you solve it?

Thanks a lot for help

Oct 09, 2014 8:31
Vote:

[SOLVED!!!]

After several hours of fighting I finally found the reason of such behavior: the problem is in VPP folder. In my case it was empty and that makes website broken from Admin side.

So when next time you will work with Version controled website which does not contains VPP folder, check that you are able to recover it from production server or any other source.

Oct 09, 2014 11:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.