I have an issue when publishing updates to the development server. On my local development I setup different types of pagetypes and the different properties i set to under certain tabs.
When publishing this to the development server and then run a job that creates pages of these types the tabs is not honored and all properties is put under the Content tab. I then have to manually set the correct tab for each property on all the affected pagetypes.
Has anyone encountered this error before and is there a solution?
If you navigate to admin, config and "Edit tabs" - can you see your tabs defined there?You are using a job to create the pages - do you get the same problem if you publish a page as an editor?
Thanks for the reply. Haven't been able to fully try all the circumstances with this issue since the environment where this happened has been down the last couple of days due to a SAN failure.
However the tabs exists and I can go into the Edit PageTypes and correct which tab each property should be under and I think the problem occurs even when a page is created from EPiServer Edit mode since the pagetype has all properties on the Content tab. Will try this when the environment is back up.
The one thing we are doing is using a TabInitalization module to set the correct sort order of custom tabs like in this example:
Perhaps that can affect this.
Ok, managed to get this error on my local environment aswell. What I did was I added a new property to one of the base classes where properties is set on a page. The structure look like this:
PageModel CustomerStandardPageData (abstract class) Added property here StandardPageData (abstract class) SitePageData (abstract class) PageData (EPiServer.Core.PageData)
The result was that when accessing the page i edit mode all properties was under the content tab, see images for more details
I've rum into this problem too in EPi 7.1. I havet gotten a solution for this yet but if I go to admin > pagetypes > select my pagetype and Rhen click revert to default and save it puts the properties under the fight tabs.
I get this problem when using git in a multideveloper environment with my DB and vpp folder on another server.
After I do a push/pull and new code rund that another developer has coded it does this. :(
Ok, thanks for the temporary solution, makes it a bit timpler to correct the error. Yes it is EpiServer 7.1 we are running to.