Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Failed to copy the content "x" beneath the content "y".

Vote:

I'm running an EPiServer 7.1 site for one of my clients and we are having trouble copying blocks. The error seems to occur when trying to copy a block that have been translated to another language and only when trying to copy located a block in a certain folder. If I create a new block in a different folder and then translate it the block is copied just fine.

I cannot find any differences in the setup between the different folders. I also made sure that the folder I'm trying to copy to (I have tried several folders, even coying a block to the same folder as the source) is translated to every language in wich the block exists and that doesn't make any difference. 

As the error message doesn't really give any helpful information I don't know what to look for next. Any suggestions?

Mar 06, 2014 11:11
Vote:

Have you tried turn on log4net logging and see if it outputs anything hinting what fails, e.g. a call stack?

Mar 06, 2014 11:34
Vote:

It outputs:

2014-03-06 12:05:56,895 [38] ERROR EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger: 10.5.3 Export/import error: [Importing content 196_644] Exception: The XhtmlString instance is read-only. Call CreateWritableClone() to create an object that can be modified.[]
System.NotSupportedException: The XhtmlString instance is read-only. Call CreateWritableClone() to create an object that can be modified.
at EPiServer.Core.XhtmlString.set_ParserMode(FragmentParserMode value)
at EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyXhtmlString.LoadData(Object value)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.PropertyXhtmlTransform.ImportEventHandler(Object sender, TransformPropertyEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ImportProperty(RawContent contextContent, RawProperty importedProp, PropertyData propDestination)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ImportProperties(IContent newContent, RawContent importedContent)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ImportContentLanguage(ContentReference destinationLink, RawContent content, AccessLevel requiredDestinationAccess)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.Import(ITransferContentData content, AccessLevel requiredDestinationAccess)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportContents[T](XmlTextReader reader, ZipPackage package)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportStream(ZipPackage package, XmlTextReader reader)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportRaw(ZipPackage package)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.Import()
2014-03-06 12:05:58,016 [38] ERROR EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.ContentCopyHandler: Failed to copy pages with root '25' to '3'

Mar 06, 2014 12:06
Vote:

Seems to be a bug. I could not reproduce it though...

Can you reproduce it in code? I guess the steps is

• GetDefault (master language)
  • Save (save master language)
  • CreateLanguageBranch (create new language version)
  • Save (save new language)
  • Copy (copy block somewhere)
Mar 06, 2014 16:38
P B
Vote:

Hi, any news about this bug? Has it been fixed in later versions of EPiServer? Thanks.

Sep 09, 2014 10:38
Vote:

2015-10-21 17:51:45,935 [38] ERROR EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger: 10.5.3 Export/import error: [Importing content 6211_27178] Exception: The XhtmlString instance is read-only. Call CreateWritableClone() to create an object that can be modified.
System.NotSupportedException: The XhtmlString instance is read-only. Call CreateWritableClone() to create an object that can be modified.
   at EPiServer.Core.XhtmlString.ThrowIfReadOnly()
   at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.PropertyXhtmlTransform.ImportEventHandler(Object sender, TransformPropertyEventArgs e)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.OnImportProperty(TransformPropertyEventArgs e)
   at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ImportProperty(RawContent contextContent, RawProperty importedProp, PropertyData propDestination)
   at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ImportProperties(IContent newContent, RawContent importedContent)
   at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ImportContentLanguage(ContentReference destinationLink, RawContent content, AccessLevel requiredDestinationAccess)
   at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.Import(ITransferContentData content, AccessLevel requiredDestinationAccess)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportContents[T](XmlTextReader reader, ZipPackage package)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportStream(ZipPackage package, XmlTextReader reader, String partName)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportPartOfPackage(ZipPackage package, String partName)
   at EPiServer.Core.XhtmlString.ThrowIfReadOnly()
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.OnImportProperty(TransformPropertyEventArgs e)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportStream(ZipPackage package, XmlTextReader reader, String partName)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ImportPartOfPackage(ZipPackage package, String partName)
2015-10-21 17:51:46,602 [38] ERROR EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.ContentCopyHandler: Failed to copy pages with root '3985' to '91'

This is from the error log.

Having the same issue.

Running CMS 8.11.0 and Commerce 8.16.1

Edited, Oct 21, 2015 17:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.