Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Documents in PageFiles from old 6 R2 site does not show in 7.1 site

Vote:

We have a site that we have upgraded from EPiServer CMS 6 R2 to EPiServer 7.1 and are having problem with files.

For example I have a page where there is a link inside a xhtml-property to:

/PageFiles/11343/Sakskada.pdf

When I go to page with id: 11343 and open file manager it say that there are no page catalog created for that page and so I can not access these files. The only way to access them is to edit the link in the xhtml-property, because then I can see all the files in that folder.

I tried to migrate the site to EPiServer 7.6 and after running the VPP migration tool, these files gives a 404 so we must find a way to move them before doing the migration.

Anyone having a clue on how to do this?

Apr 11, 2014 8:43
Vote:

Can you access the file via UnifiedFile code.  Getting the file from the virtual path.  Does it retireve it and also if you do unifiedFile.LocalPath, that should return the absolute path to the file on the filesystem.  just to clarify that it actually exists.

Apr 13, 2014 19:38
Vote:

Thanks Joshua. I am making a EPiServer job that move all files to a directory in global so the customer can move them from there later

Apr 14, 2014 8:31
Vote:

This was a little harder than I had hoped for. If I do a list of all directories below /PageFiles I only get one back and I know there are more directories there. Now I am a little stuck on how to travers through all directories and move the files in my job.

Are there any table in the database that contains all links to these files?

Apr 14, 2014 21:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.