Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Publish Fails or Takes Forever

Vote:

I have a situation where an Editor will click the Publish button on a page and either the page will never publish (Button reverts to Publish) or the page publishes only after 10, 15, or even 20 minutes.

The issue is not consistent, and all of our network and server performance testing doesn't show any problems with either the network connection (the database is on a different server) or with resource issues on the server.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Apr 24, 2014 18:14
Vote:

I have a similar problem in one of the latest versions of Episerver, 8.9

I'm still in a development environment, working on localhost, but often when i change a property or add a block, the green publish refuses to popup. How i can i force publish a page, by always showing this button. Somehow it feels that the 'intelligence' of showing or hiding the publish functionality frequently (several times a day) fails. Only a refresh can enable the publish button, but then my changes are not committed and have to make the changes again. Strangely now the publish button refuses to go away!

How can i get a reliable publish functionality?

Jul 27, 2015 16:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.