Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error with 7.0 CMS: CS1061: 'EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.BootstrapperViewModel' does not contain a definition for 'GlobalNavigationMenuType'

Vote:

Greetings, 

In an old project we're maintaining an issue suddenly started occurring in my local development environment. There was no precursor that should have started this issue and no changes that should be related to this has been done since early october. 

The website itself works, but when I try to access <dev-website>/secureui or /secureui/cms I get this error:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.BootstrapperViewModel' does not contain a definition for 'GlobalNavigationMenuType' and no extension method 'GlobalNavigationMenuType' accepting a first argument of type 'EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.BootstrapperViewModel' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

In the file: Source File: /secureUI/Shell/Views/Shared/Bootstrapper.aspx    Line: 17 

It's running EPiServer.CMS.Core 7.0.586.24 and EPiServer.Framework 7.0.859.24

Long story short, I have tried:

1. Cleaning and rebuilding the project
  2. Stopping IIS and cleaning out the temporary ASP.NET files in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files and \Framework64\ and then rebuilding the project
  3. Checking out the code from the repo from a point before I know it was working
  4. Deleting and restoring all NuGet-packages
  5. Deleting and reinstalling EPiServer 7.0 from my local machine
  6. Deleting the entire project and cloning it anew from the repository
  7. Deleting the local database and using the original dev database

Luckily it is not an issue in test or in prod, but as you can imagine there's quite a bit of maintenance I can't do without access to the CMS locally.

I figure this isn't the most active of subforums, but I recon it's still possible to get help here. If not I'll invade the dev to dev forum.

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Edited, Dec 03, 2018 15:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.