Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade to 5.2 and having problem finding some files in UTIL

Vote:

Hi

I've upgrade a site from 5.1 to 5.2 and everything seems to work fine but it when I go to edit mode it don't seem to find some files under the the /util/ path
for example the /util/empty.htm but it can find the files under /util/styles/ and util/javascript

The virituel path in web.config is correct

Any one have a quick answer to that?
Could it be security/access right problems on the new util directory outside the inetpub?

best regards

jesper

Jan 13, 2009 13:03
Vote:

Upgrade deletes all files in some EPiServer folders and creates a VPP to a common location in Program Files. Read more in #1: Hidden Gems of EPiServer CMS R2.

The reason is that EPiServer now supports Web Applications and Web Developer Express but you can remove the added VPP:s in web.conifg and restore the files from "C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.7\Application"

One reason it does not work is that the files are actually missing from Utils in Program Files but more probable is that wildcard mapping to isapi is not setup correctly.

For further diagnosis I guess you have to tell us if this upgrade is done on a machine with IIS6 or IIS7.

Jan 13, 2009 13:52
Vote:

All the files do exists under C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.7\Application

It's IIS7

/jesper 

Jan 13, 2009 14:08
Vote:

My guess is that you have an issue with your web.config.

Compare yours with a fresh web.config in C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.7\Application 

If you run your app pool in compatibility mode look at version 6 file otherwise check version 7 file.

I usually check for interferance in c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config

Jan 14, 2009 9:59
Vote:

The problem was on a site copy that I tried the upgrade before using it on the live site.

But when I made the upgrade on the live site everything workes fine

thanx for the feedback

/jesper

Jan 15, 2009 10:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.