Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating MultiPage property to LinkCollection?

Vote:

What is the recommended approach when migrating a 4.62 site which uses the MultiPage property? Use the ported version of the MultiPage property or replace it with LinkCollection? Has anyone successfully migrated the data to use LinkCollection?
Oct 14, 2009 16:43
Vote:

I would just use the MultiProperty for CMS 5. That way you don't have migrate the existing property data over to the LinkItemCollection. Sure if the LinkItemCollection had any features that the MultiPageProperty diden't have, and that you needed now, but at the moment they are both pretty similar (feature wise I think the MultiPageProperty still is a little ahead).
Oct 14, 2009 22:14
Vote:

Thanks for your input. Does it work in CMS 5 R2? The requirements on coderesort include CMS 5 R1.

Oct 15, 2009 7:59
Vote:

I've had no problems using it with EPiServer CMS 5 R2, don't remember if I had to recompile it though.
Oct 15, 2009 9:21
Vote:

Does anyone have any suggestions when upgrading a CMS 5 site to CMS 6?

Sep 17, 2010 15:23
Vote:

We have replaced the MultiPage property with LinkCollection on several sites. As they share the same data structure it is really not a big problem. There can however be issues with data being lost in the migration processes, but we got around it by changing the property type first back to a standard XHTML string property and then to LinkItemCollection after the migration/upgrade is complete. Both these changes was done by running a SQL UPDATE query directly against the tblPageDefinition table.

Sep 21, 2010 3:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.