Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit/admin mode hangs web browser

Vote:

A customer experiences problems with edit/admin mode, that it sometimes completely hangs the web browser (IE7/8). The problem is very intermittent and I haven't been able to reproduce it. Apparantly it's more common if a lot of tabs are used and the user goes back and forth between the episerver tabs and other tabs.

The CMS version is R2 SP1 and they also use Community 3.1.

Has anyone heard of anything similar?

Sep 14, 2009 9:04
Vote:

My dev.environment has the same problem, the difference here is that the same code and configuration works just fine at the customers server.

I'm running Windows 7 x64, they are running Windows 2008 server. My problems are regardless of browser. The public site is not affected by this. What I can see from FireBug's Net tab is that App_Themes/Default/Styles/Extensions/ImageEditor.css , LinkedEditor.css and some other resources are timming out. Allthoug all other resources are loaded. The files that are not beeing loaded are not always the same, it seems to be random.

We are running CMS 5.2.375.236

this is what I've tryed:

Changing the app pool "Enable 32 Bit Applications" true and false

Changed Idle timeout

Installing a clean EPiServer build with default templates.

Configuration is:

Windows 7 64bit
IIS 7 Integrated mode
App pool is running under my own account

Feb 07, 2010 10:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.